24 Hour Plumber are here to assist with any toilet plumbing issues including a dripping toilet cistern. Contact us on (01) 531 2220 or 0858556111.
Are you one of the many Dublin households being driven up the wall by a constant dripping sound from your bathroom? There is nothing more annoying than a dripping toilet cistern. Help is at hand.
A dripping sound from a bathroom is usually an issue with the toilet cistern. More often than not caused by a problem with a seal, fill valve or flush valve. Depending on how old the toilet is or when it was last repaired, you may need a new cistern flush kit.
How To Replace A Cistern Flush Kit
Before attempting any home plumbing repairs, ensure you have the correct replacement kit and tools. Switch off the toilet water supply and protect surfaces.
- Flush the toilet to drain the water from the cistern tank.
- Make sure all water is removed.
- Disconnect the water supply pipe.
- Take out the old fill valve.
- Remove the bolts that connect the cistern to the bowl.
- Carefully lift the tank away and place it on a flat surface to work.
- Remove the mounting nut from the bottom of the tank.
- Take out the old flush valve.
- Place the new valve in its place.
- Attach the washer and new mounting nut. Tighten as much as you can.
- Add on the rubber seal.
- Replace the tank using new bolts and seals if supplied.
- Tighten the nuts so the tank can not move, not too tight as the cistern can crack.
- Adjust the flush valve height to within 1 inch of the top of the tank.
- Add in the new fill valve and adjust so that the water level mark is level with the top of the flush valve.
- Insert the refill tube and clip it on to the flush valve tube
- Reattach the water supply and switch it on.
For any plumbing or toilet problems you are experiencing in your home, including a dripping toilet cistern call 24 Hour Plumber on 01 531 2220 to book a local plumber near you.
All repairs by 24 Hour Plumber have a 12-month guarantee. Call us or email now for a free quote.