For assistance on how to fix a leaking toilet cistern, contact 24 hour plumber for a local plumber on (01) 531 2220 or 085 855 6111.
Have you noticed mysterious pools of water on your bathroom floor? Or maybe black mould growing behind the toilet or anywhere in the bathroom? These are all signs of a leak. Not all leaks are apparent, and they can go unnoticed for months. Especially if the leak starts small from somewhere like a cistern.
Fixing A Leaking Toilet Cistern
- Turn off the water supply before attempting any plumbing repairs.
- Locate the problem, look for:
- Loose parts and fittings
- Crumbling seals
- Empty all water from the tank.
- Carefully remove all parts and then the tank (make sure the water is off!)
- If the seal is crumbling, remove all of it and replace it with a new rubber seal.
- If any parts are loose, replace them and install them carefully and securely.
- Replace the tanks, ensuring all seals, bolts and pipes are correctly positioned.
- Pour some water into the tank from a jug and check for leaks.
- Only turn the water supply back on once you are sure the problem is fixed.
Please note – It’s not advisable to try and fix a leaking water tank like a cistern without the necessary training. This can lead to further damage and more problems.
If your toilet tank is leaking or you have any kind of plumbing problems in your home, call 24 Hour Plumber on 01 531 2220 or 0858556111 to book one of our local plumbers near you.
All repairs by 24 Hour Plumber have a 12-month guarantee. Call us or email now for a free quote.