Who wants to worry about household problems while enjoying sunny summer days? Unfortunately, sometimes homeowners put off dealing with typical plumbing problems such as clogged toilets, leaky taps, and flooded basements until something becomes seriously wrong and only an emergency plumber in Dublin can make the situation better. Here we will help you with some simple plumbing tips for summer.
Generally, all emergency plumbing problems can be prevented before they turn into bigger problems causing major headaches and even more expense. Here are some simple plumbing tips for summer that can help to keep the water system smoothly running and keep emergency plumbers away, at least for the time being.
Simple Plumbing Tips for Summer
- Clogged Toilets: Summer means school holidays. It’s a time when families get together travelingl from all parts of the country to visit. The worst thing that can happen is to experience clogged toilets while they are more in demand with visitors staying over. Make sure to have plungers on hand and remind the kids to be economical in using toilet paper. Watch out for rubber balls and tiny toys being sent off on diving expeditions down your toilet!. The last thing you want is to call an emergency plumber for a toilet repair or a toilet syphon replacement.
- Overworked Washing Machine: More people and more trips to the beach mean more dirty clothes. Try to limit the use of the washing machine each day to avoid overuse, which can cause damage to the septic system and drainpipes. A damaged drainpipe is a plumbing emergency, and therefore will warrant an on call emergency plumber to see to it. Always check for bulges, cracks, or leaks and regularly remove the lint. Keep the machine at a safe distance of four inches away from the wall to avoid hose kinking. Never leave a running washer unattended. Remember to replace washing machine hoses every three years.
- Clogged Dishwasher: Similarly, the presence of more people means a large volume of plates and pots to be washed. Remove all solid particles first before loading them into the dishwasher. Schedule the use of the machine in another time when there is no laundry being done to prevent choking the drain pipes. If the inevitable happens, don’t panic. You can easily call a 24 hour emergency plumber to help you out of that sticky situation.
- Crammed Kitchen Sink Waste Disposal Units: Choose what you put down your Kitchen Sink Waste Disposal Unit in your kitchen. While most food items can be handled by the system, there are materials such as cornhusks, banana peels, eggshells and some fibrous foods that must not be placed in it. In addition, never dispose of instant mixes or foods. Avoid disposing fats or cooking oils into it to prevent the formation of hardened clogs in the pipes. Always run cold water at maximum pressure to flush everything down the drain. If there’s a blockage, don’t try to fix it on your own. Call a 24/7 emergency plumber from Stronge Plumbing and Heating, and he’ll be able to undo the blockage.
- Leaking Sprinkler Heads: A single sprinkler head that continuously leaks does not seem harmful to the entire sprinkler system. However, if left unattended, it could be turning part of your garden into a big ground of standing water. Stagnant water is an attractive breeding place for bugs, insects, and bacteria carrying diseases that may pose danger to your family and friends’ health. The collection of water can also cause erosion to your garden. Be timely in replacing broken sprinkler heads to avoid further damage. This is probably something you can do on your own, but if it’s outside the scope of your expertise, don’t hesitate to call 24 hour emergency plumbing service.
- Broken Drain Pipes: One of the most effective plumbing tips for summer is to make sure to conduct a plumbing inspection to check if there are signs of breaks and blockages in the drainpipes. Summer is the time for grass, bushes, shrubs, and trees to grow in abundance. Their roots can stretch out underground, reach the drainpipes, and cause damage. Early detection of these signs can help in preventing serious plumbing emergencies before winter comes.
Summer is not only the time to enjoy the clear sunny skies, but it is also a good time to check the plumbing installation in the entire house. With the help of your trusted 24hr emergency plumber in Dublin, these simple plumbing tips for summer can help you in determining the best treatment option for your home’s water lines.